Thursday, May 22, 2008

SAKO!!

A very interesting person I met last week, named Sako.
Sako is an atheist, as he defines himself.

He came towards me while I was visiting some friends in "maison laique".
'I have a dream', he said.

** The Conversation **
Me: what is your dream about?
Sako: I want to destroy every mosque and church in Lebanon
Me: (shocked) why?
Sako: because religion brought nothing good to Lebanon
Me: why's that? Religion brings peace!
Sako: when religion interferes with politics, it brings nothing but destruction.
Me: why don't you think of ways to separate them rather than destroying mosques and churches?
Sako: many secular parties and organizations tried before. It didn't work. "khalas" he said, with his funny weak Arabic.
Me: but you can't remove faith from people
Sako: (laughing), if I destroy Lebanon, will there still be god?
Me: of course
Sako: if I destroyed churches and mosques, will there still be Lebanon
Me: of course, and faith too!
Sako: You said it! There will remain Lebanon and Faith. Two things apart!!!

No comments: